Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Burn Rubber (why you wanna hurt me)

We arrived at night, went to sleep right away, but woke up and got started, went to the genealogy centre, did some research then my cousin took me around first to meet her daughter and her grandsons. Both handsome and respectable men – one 15, the other 4. The 4 year old can play the drums and he is super cool. Then two more cousins came over and at first it was the twenty questions and 10 of them were about hair and how we managed it. Then, well, it went straight to the karaoke machine they had bought.

“Why haven't I met my family earlier?” ...is the question.

We broke out songs that I hadn't heard in years (okay I'm lying, I listened to most of them last week) and such an eclectic yet, homogeneous mix of Mary J. Blige, The O' Jays, Earth Wind & Fire, The Gap Band, Michael Jackson pre white face, Sam Cooke, Grandmaster Flash, and oh so much more. Hours of fun, cousins can sing, I learned a new dance. For those of you who grew up in the States don't make fun of me, but I learned the bunny hop for the first time, but I was a quick learner and am a master now.

Met the cutest baby with the chunkiest thighs and beautiful eyes. She liked me and let me nibble on some of her fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment