Sunday, November 8, 2009

Where is she anyways?

I know, I just keep sharing my thoughts, but ya'll don't know where I am.


Right now, I am in Pilot Hill, California way up in the mountains visiting my Dad's brother, a dear Uncle of mine, an Aunt and a cousin and his family.

Where is Pilot Hill? It is in the mountains where there are few satellite signals, where there are rattlesnakes and wild turkeys. It is a place where if you are walking on a path you will find tarantulas and if you look up in the sky you will see nothing but trees and blue and all you can hear is the river.

It is where I discovered the unknown. That an Uncle of mine lived in his shed for years while he built the house he lives in now. It is where there is a Llama named Ruby who has pretty eyes and where oaks grow in groves. It is where you can watch the waning moon rise over the mountains and drink water from the well and it is THE BEST TASTING WATER EVER!

Pilot Hill is also a town that is 2 miles (cannot use kilometers anymore) away from a town called Cool. Yes, A town called cool. Also, my cousin who is taking a linguistics class was telling me the other day that cool is a word a 'slang' word that has survived four generations of use and has percolated in to many different languages and cultures on an international level. The word cool really is an example of how much people appropriate from the African Diaspora.

Cool!

I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment