Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rancho Cucamonga

The beginning of my trip started in Rancho Cucamonga which is about 30 miles west of Los Angeles. I Arrived at night and had greens, turkey neck and some mac and cheese waiting for me. Rancho is 30 degrees celcius or more. Because it is the winter months, I did not pack shorts with me. So I chose the only skirt I brought and wore that the two days I was there. The Aunt that I stayed with is the only sister of my Dad's that is alive. This Aunt of mine turned 67 while I was there so I was able to celebrate her birthday with her and my cousin, we went bowling. She was full of energy jumping and skipping down the bowling alley lane getting many strikes and averaging at a high score. 10 pin bowling at that.

I spent some time with my cousin, my Aunt's second to eldest daughter, she is very sweet and we definitely bonded, we were able to catch up on many things.

My Aunt and her are Christians, so they are involved with their church on a daily basis it seems through conferences, bible study and volunteering, etc. and of course praying before meals. All new to me. My Aunt was great at remembering stories about family life, I was able to get many family pictures from her as well.

Off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment