Saturday, November 7, 2009


My back is sore.

Sometimes I regret deciding to take the train all throughout the colonised states of america.

Did I mention my back is sore, my feet are swollen, the bathroom stinks, the water is expensive and that I'm hungry?

But then I look out the window and at the fields, the cows, the graffiti, the ocean, the hills, mountains, the sunsets and sunrises and the simplicity of how smooth the ride is and fast! The train car rocking me to sleep, then the switching of train tracks jolting me awake.


No stop lights or heavy traffic. I have my wool socks and converse shoes. I get to view scenery that I could never have see from a plane, or an automobile. I don't have to worry about driving, or expensive flights, just a direct route to the next destination - while I take the time to ponder, to reminisce, to dream of what the future holds, to be with myself and all my splendour and to write about my discoveries and adventures.

So yes, my back is sore, but my mind is wandering, my soul is stretching and I'm gonna get some insoles for my kicks.



No comments:

Post a Comment